Tech Service Team Leader
Welch Fluorocarbon, Inc. is looking for a Technical Service Team Leader to join our team. We offer an excellent benefits package:
100% paid medical and dental insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance. Voluntary Vision insurance and AFLAC insurance. Paid time off and company paid holiday. Education reimbursement. 401k with matching contributions.
We are experts in converting high-performance fluoropolymer films into intricate three-dimensional shapes using thermoforming and precision heat sealing. Our corporate culture is a true team environment where there is a presence of clear purpose, the strength of real fraternity, and the celebration of individual creativity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor an engineering team with two sub-teams.
- To be a significant thought leader on engineering projects, considering all technical aspects required to bring given programs to commercial success. Judging the viability of technical decisions made on these projects by others.
- Provide comprehensive design services by supporting the establishment of design criteria and the preparation of specifications, design computations, drawings, models, and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements.
- Develop and participate in reviews, in conjunction with other disciplines, of engineering drawings and layout process flows.
- Oversee and help draft engineering bid packages (RFQ).
- Review engineering drawings for quality and completeness. Setting and enforcing drawing content and style standards.
- Ensure that all discipline deliverables are checked and verified in regards to mechanical equipment.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of all major equipment in accordance with all codes and specifications
- Oversee, evaluate and forecast the costs for major equipment.
- Coordinate all major equipment design with other disciplines.
- Oversee and approve requisitions and work with vendors to supply outsourced mechanical equipment.
- Oversee the Technical Service team budget.
- To be aware of significant technical advancements in outside industries that would give Welch Fluorocarbon important opportunities for improvement or advancement within our markets
- Inspire, empower, and show all Team Members the respect they deserve through a positive optimistic mindset so that they can perform to their highest abilities.
- Lead by example in order to promote a healthy Team and Company culture and work-life balance.
- Understand inter-team communication, and how to optimize it.
- Train all Team Members on the Company Mission, Company Core Values, Company Team Member Handbook, and Company Quality Policy.