Our Sales Team can assist you in high-performance material selection that is a appropriate for your custom heat sealing application.
Heat Sealing of thin fluoropolymer films (such as Teflon™)
We have been heat sealing thin fluoropolymer films, like Teflon™, since 1985. If it is a thin high performance polymer and it can be heat sealed, we’ll heat seal it! We can produce a wide array of lay-flat and three-dimensional configurations utilizing our existing technologies.
Advantages of Heat Sealed Products made from fluoropolymers such as Teflon™:
- Chemical Inertness
- Chemical Resistance
- High Temperature Resistance
- Cryogenic Temperature Resistance
- Low Permeability
- High Weatherbility
- Excellent Optical Clarity
- High Dielectric Strength
- Low Flammability
Examples of Heat Sealed Fluoropolymer (Teflon™) Products:
- Bags for inert sampling
- Cryogenically resistant bags
- Large panels or continuous belts
- Highly temperature resistant bags
- Cell culture bags
- Reservoir bags to hold caustic fluids
- Liners for a variety of containers like pails, drums or tanks
- Fluid transfer bags with Fluoropolymer fittings heat-sealed into them
- Three dimensional Simulation Chambers used for aerosol experiments
Our heat sealing manufacturing processes allow for a wide array of applications, and if required can be tailored to a specific need. All heat sealing processes are highly traceable, and Certificates of Compliance are available upon request.
Working with fluoropolymers (like Teflon™) is our specialty, but we are able to successfully heat seal a variety of high-performance thermoplastic films including:
- Teflon™ FEP
- Teflon™ PFA
Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont used under license by Welch Fluorocarbon, Inc.